Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Interesting Chocolate Statistics
Here are some intriguing statistics and facts:
1. The average American eats 10-12 pounds (4.5 kg) of chocolate a year. The average Swiss eats 21 pounds a year.
2. Chocolate is the food most commonly craved by women, but can contribute significantly to bulimia, obesity, and binge eating.
3. Several medical studies show that eating chocolate in moderation can actually prolong your life by reducing risk of blood clots and fighting bad cholesterol.
4. It is not physically addictive and does not cause acne, as shown in several medical studies.
5. Chocolate is not high in caffeine. A 1oz bar of milk chocolate contains only 5-6mg of caffeine. This is significantly less than in coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
6. Chocolates can absorb other flavors and scents, and should be kept away from other household chemicals.
7. It can be frozen for up to six months. It is best to seal it in a zip lock bag before freezing.
8. In general, the shelf life is a year. Chocolate that is refrigerated may not melt as readily. Thus it is best to store it in cool dry areas 55-60 degrees F.
9. U.S. manufacturers use 3.5 million pounds of whole milk every day to make chocolate.
10. The largest candy bar ever made weighed over 5,000 pounds and was made in Italy in 2000. The largest slab of fudge was over 2,000 pounds and was made in Canada.
11. Children are more likely to prefer chocolate when they reach 10-11 years old than when they are younger.
12. Chocolate is America's favourite flavor, according to recent surveys with a little over 50% of adults preferring chocolate to other flavours.
About the Author:
Criss White is a professional web writer on baby and new mother topics for baby and pregnancy websites. For more personalized gift ideas, go to Chocolate Baby Shower Favors and for more candy gift ideas, see Candy Baby Shower Favors
Article Source: Interesting Chocolate Statistics
Posted by Hank at 9:24 AM