Saturday, November 30, 2013

Cranberry Muffin Recipe - The Most Delicious Of All Muffin Recipes

What is it about muffins that have made them such a huge part of our daily lives. No matter where in the world you go, people adore them, and if they have never tried one before, they are soon converted once they take their first bite. As we all know, they also come in several different flavors, and to make them even more irresistible, there are even savory ones to be had.

We do of course all have our own personal favorites, and I'm actually just about to share a really good recipe which I use regularly to make one of my favorites. That's right, I'm going to share my top cranberry muffin recipe with you, but before I do, let's just take a brief look at muffins in general.

The Muffin Story

People have been making muffins for centuries already, with the oldest printed recipe dating back to 1703. In those days, they were actually called "moofins" rather than muffins, and they were made slightly differently to those which we get today. The main difference being that they were made with yeast dough, whereas today they are made in the same way as quick bread.

The other big difference is that the early muffins where generally only made in a limited number of flavors, whereas today they come in almost every flavor imaginable, including chocolate; vanilla; blueberry; banana; cranberry and etc.

Crust Or No Crust

Practically all store bought muffins have no crust other than on the top of the muffins. In fact, the selfsame thing applies to most home baked muffins as well. The reason for this is because most people use little paper cups to line their baking tins. These paper cups make it easier to remove the muffins from the baking tins, and of course they also help to minimize the need for cleaning up after you've finished baking.

I do this myself, although I do sometimes bake without the cups so that I can get a crust to form. Actually, if I am to be perfectly honest with you, then I should also tell you that I quite often just order a supply of muffins online since I don't always have time for baking my own as often as I would like.

The Mother Of All Muffin Recipes

Well, I did promise I would share a great cranberry muffin recipe with you, so here it is. Providing you follow the recipe according to the instructions, you are really going to love these muffins, but before you give me all the credit, please know that this recipe was given to me, so it's not my own invention:

What You Will Need
  • 2 Cups of all purpose flour
  • 2 tsps baking powder
  • 2/3 cups of sugar
  • 2/3 cup of fresh milk
  • ¼ cup of butter
  • 1 tsp grated orange rind
  • ½ tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 large egg
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 cup of freshly chopped cranberries
Method:
  • Mix all your dry ingredients in a suitable mixing bowl that is big enough for the job at hand
  • Blend all your wet ingredients in a separate bowl
  • Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients and then add your blended wet ingredients
  • Add in you fresh cranberries
  • Mix everything using a wooden spoon or a wooden spatula, ensuring no lumps of flour remain
  • Line your muffin pan with paper muffin cup (optional if you have a non-stick pan)
  • Spoon your mixture evenly into the cups
  • Place your muffin pan in a preheated oven and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for around 25 minutes




While a good cranberry muffin recipe can be very rewarding, you can also order fantastic muffins online. For details please visit us now at http://delicious-muffins.buytopproducts.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment