Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Ten Ways to Make a Chocolate Cake With a Boxed Mix
I'd like to share several ideas for using a boxed mix as your base:
1. Make the cake according to package directions but add in either chocolate chips or mini M&M's. Use between one and two cups of chips or morsels. Mix in at the end and then bake as directed.
2. Make one white cake and one chocolate cake. Make one cake a swirl cake. Pour the white cake batter into the baking dish. Now create several lines of chocolate batter. Use a butter knife and swirl in the white cake mix. When done, cook the remaining chocolate cake and you've now got one swirl cake and one chocolate cake.
3. We happen to like mayonnaise in our house. Start with a box of chocolate cake mix. Add in one cup of mayonnaise, one cup of water and three eggs. Mix it together and then bake at 350 degree for about 30 minutes.
4. Start with your box of chocolate cake mix. Add in two eggs, one box of instant chocolate pudding and 1¾ cup milk. We use non fat milk. If you use 2% or whole milk, your cake will be a bit creamier. If you want to stir in chocolate chips, add them at the end. Bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Instead of the liquid called for on the box, use chocolate milk. It adds to the chocolate flavor of the cake.
6. Add frozen fruit to your box mix. These have to be lightly mixed in at the end. Frozen raspberries are wonderful in chocolate cake. You'll have to cook the cake a bit longer than the package directions on this one. Test it with a toothpick in the middle.
7. Make a layer cake and use marshmallow cream in the center. Kids love this gooey center.
8. If you enjoy the taste of coffee, add in coffee flavored liqueur. Add in about ½ cup. This should replace some of the liquid called for on the box.
9. We really like Heath bars. Break up Heath bars and add them to your cake mix. You end up with a toffee taste in your chocolate cake.
10. Do you like Black Forest Cake? Use one box of cake mix, ¼ cup oil, 2 eggs and ½ cup water. Mix it all together and pour into pan. Then pour one, 21 ounce can of cherry pie filling over the top and bake about 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
These are ten ideas to use a cake mix that can often be bought for around a dollar. Try experimenting with other ingredients you already have in the house. These are all fun ways to spice up an ordinary chocolate cake mix.
About the Author:
Audrey's mom always entertained when she was growing up. Audrey learned to prepare for large groups and has often entertained 15-30 people in her home at a time. You can find more great recipes at http://www.recipe-barn.com
Article Source: Ten Ways to Make a Chocolate Cake With a Boxed Mix
Posted by Hank at 1:24 AM