You will also be making your own whipped cream for this recipe. It's a good idea to put your metal or glass mixing bowl and the beater blades in the freezer for a while. Doing this will help the whipping cream become stiff a bit faster than if your bowl and utensils were at room temperature.
You can also change the flavor of this recipe by using different flavored extracts. At our last party we made this recipe with Almond Extract instead of vanilla which gave it a really nice flavor.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa (Regular or Dark)
- 1 cup cold whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1 tablespoon of cold water in small bowl and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Set aside
- Stir together sugar and cocoa in medium metal or glass bowl (cooled in freezer) and add cold whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bottom of bowl occasionally, until mixture is stiff and you see peaks.
- Pour gelatin mixture into bowl and beat until well blended.
- Spoon into serving cups or pre-made tart cups.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes
Chris McCormick is the author of Finger Food Recipes. We have all kinds of wonderful party recipes for you to try. We also have our Chocolate Dessert Recipes section which will help you with some delicious Chocolate Desserts you can serve to your family and friends.